Loading Flash or HTML 5 Player. Please wait.
Sunday, August 28, 2016
10:55 AM - 1:15 PM
Grace Exchange: Sermon Series
Sunday, September 4, 2016
10:45 AM - 1:45 PM
Grace Exchange: Sermon Series
Next Broadcast: Grace Exchange: Sermon Series
The Grace Exchange - Grace & Faith
1. Grace – unearned Favor, Acceptance, a Gift, and undeserved Blessing
Jn 19:30 He said, “It is finished!” And bowing His head, He gave up His spirit.
Is 53:4-5 He has borne our griefs (sickness) And carried our sorrows; Yet we esteemed Him stricken, Smitten by God, and afflicted. 5 But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; The chastisement for our peace was upon Him, And by His stripes we are healed.
2. Receiving the Father’s Grace by Faith
Eph 2:8-9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast.
Lk 15:20-32 “And he arose and came to his father. But when he was still a great way off, his father saw him and had compassion, and ran and fell on his neck and kissed him. 21 And the son said to him, ‘Father, I have sinned against heaven and in your sight, and am no longer worthy to be called your son.’ 22 “But the father said to his servants, ‘Bring out the best robe and put it on him, and put a ring on his hand and sandals on his feet. 23 And bring the fatted calf here and kill it, and let us eat and be merry; 24 for this my son was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.’ And they began to be merry. …….. 31 “And he said to him, ‘Son, you are always with me, and all that I have is yours. 32 It was right that we should make merry and be glad, for your brother was dead and is alive again, and was lost and is found.’”
• He didn’t earn his father’s love but by faith he received it.
• The other son represents the law. He thought he had to earn the blessing. He didn’t receive it by faith like the younger one.
3. The Robe of Righteousness
Isa 61:10 ..He hath covered me with the robe of righteousness.
2 Cor 5:21 For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.
• When he took our sins he took our sicknesses as well.
Ps 103:2-3 Bless the Lord, O my soul, And forget not all His benefits 3 Who forgives all your iniquities, Who heals all your diseases
4. The Signet Ring of Covenant – All I have is yours #Authority&Wealth
2 Cor 8:9 For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though He was rich, yet for your sakes He became poor, that you through His poverty might become rich.
• The Signet ring of kings would carry the highest authority in a land and empowered subordinates to act for the king. An example of such rings in the Bible are: Pharaoh's ring given to Joseph.
• Covenant – everything I have is yours and everything you have is mine.
• Illustration of the “Old Sicilian family” - Before the covenant he was weak after the covenant he was strong.
• Don’t mess with me I have grace that makes me more powerful.
2 Cor 12:9 And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
Joel 3:10 Let the weak say, ‘I am strong.’”
5. The Shoes Represent Dignity For Shame
Rom 3:23-24 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24 being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus
Rom 6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Tithes and Offering - God Promises That His Provision Will Always Come
Phil 4:17-19 Not that I seek the gift, but I seek the fruit that abounds to your account. 18 Indeed I have all and abound. I am full, having received from Epaphroditus the things sent from you, a sweet-smelling aroma, an acceptable sacrifice, well pleasing to God. 19 And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
• Our giving is a sacrifice of our lives
• We get credit for the lives changed with our giving
Take notes using the tool below and print them for reference later.
RadEditor - HTML WYSIWYG Editor. MS Word-like content editing experience thanks to a rich set of formatting tools, dropdowns, dialogs, system modules and built-in spell-check.
RadEditor's components - toolbar, content area, modes and modules
Real font size
Content area wrapper
RadEditor hidden textarea
%3cp style%3d%22text-align%3a center%3b%22%3eThanks for tuning in this morning%21%3c/p%3e %3cp style%3d%22text-align%3a center%3b%22%3e%26nbsp%3bPlease click the %22details%22 tab for today%27s message notes%21 %3c/p%3e
RadEditor's bottom area: Design, Html and Preview modes, Statistics module and resize handle.
It contains RadEditor's Modes/views (HTML, Design and Preview), Statistics and Resizer
Editor Mode buttons
RadEditor's Modules - special tools used to provide extra information such as Tag Inspector, Real Time HTML Viewer, Tag Properties and other.
Visit Our Website
Powered by FaithNetwork